It’s been quite some time since I’ve shared my skin routine. I’m huge on trying to achieve smooth skin with my past history of acne. Each season I do my best to add in different products that will enhance my skin as the weather changes. For winter I added in more hydrating products, and with spring a week from today, I’m starting to add in more products that help my skin glow. I also follow the 10-step Korean skincare, so that’s why it’s numbered. I also shared my product(s) and how it works with my oily-acne prone skin. Check out my routine below!
- Pre-cleanse– Josie Maran Argan Oil– Using a pre-cleanse helps counteract my naturally oily skin and actually tones down my oil. It sounds crazy, but it works with time! I’ve been using a pre-cleanse oil for close to two years now, and my skin has never looked better. Pre-cleansing removes makeup and allows for your cleanser to actually do its job.
- Cleanse– Kate Somerville Exfolikate– I LOVE this cleanser. I’ve tried switching to different cleansers, but two years later I’m still using it. It has AHAs which work so good with my skin. Over time it has buffed my skin, leaves a natural glow and makes my skin look healthy. I can’t say enough about this.
- Exfoliate– LUSH Coffee Pot– I don’t exfoliate every night, but when I do I use LUSH’s Coffee Pot. It literally smells like coffee and leaves my skin soft. It’s gentle enough and natural enough to not overwhelm my skin and helps prep it for my next steps. I also like Kate Somerville Exfoliate Mask.
- Toner– Pixie Glow Tonic– My favorite step, seriously, is toning because I can use my glow tonic. I love this stuff as much as my cleanser. It has healed my skin over time and I honestly wouldn’t use anything else.
- Essence– May Coop Raw Sauce– I just started using an essence within the past few months, and it’s the one step I still have to remember. I like using my essence because it helps absorb the other products I’m using afterward. It smells great and it slightly thicker than water. I would recommend trying different essences to see what works with your skin!
- Treatments– Various– I use a ton of different treatments and serums depending on what my skin is needing. My primary nighttime treatments are Sunday Riley’s Luna and U.F.O. Luna is retinol and U.F.O. is for acne. I also use Drunk Elephant’s Glycolic Night Serum and Sunday Riley’s Good Genes. My last main treatment is Bioil for my acne scars.
- Sheet Masks– Sephora– I’ve used other sheet masks before and have also enjoyed using Dr. Jart+, but Sephora’s masks work just as well and have plenty of product to work. My favorites are the blue algae and the hydrating.
- Eye Cream– Ole Henriksen Uplifting Transformation Eye Gel– I always make sure to share my favorite nighttime eye gel. While I’m still searching for a new daily eye cream, I’ve used this eye gel for close to two years now. You can literally feel it lift and each morning I can tell a difference. It’s also very cooling so it makes your tired eyes feel amazing.
- Moisturizer– Kate Somerville Exfoliate Moisturizer– During the winter I used Josie Maran with my mix of essential oils to help bust away dry spots. But during the warmer weather, I’ve opted to use Kate Somerville’s newest moisturizer that corresponds to my cleanser. I love moisturizer because it’s just a continuation of my cleanser and enhances the products.
- Sunscreen– Josie Maran– I skip this step at night, but use in the mornings!
I also like to use my PMDonce a week and love using these other products on occasion or nightly!
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Night Sleeping Mask – Great for smooth, glowing skin.
- Laneige Lip Sleep Mask– THIS stuff!!! Makes your lips plump and smooth.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion– Excellent spot treatment without the price tag.